Legal 500, 2021
MFB has an excellent reputation in the commercial shipping market and the firm clearly places a heavy emphasis on working closely with its clients and understanding their business requirements.
MFB’s experienced team of transactional lawyers can advise on all aspects of the sale, purchase and finance of commercial tonnage and luxury yachts and superyachts. We deal with transactions involving market standard forms with amendments, from NSF, NSF 1993, NIPPONSALE 1999, MYBA, ABYA and YBAA forms (superyacht) to bespoke individual contracts.
Our experience covers:
- arrangement of structures through special purpose vehicles and primary/secondary registrations
- contract issues for sale and purchase agreements
- registration and flagging requirements
- mortgages, assignments, pledges, guarantees and other security-taking arrangements
- classification, valuation and technical/condition surveys
- insurance, bank, flag state and buyer/seller closing deliverables
- arrangements for deposit holding/release
- closing process and mechanics
- post-delivery chartering, management and supervision
Our network of legal advisers, brokers and experts covers Flag States and on/off-shore jurisdictions across the world from Liberia, Panama, Marshall Islands, BVI, Bahamas, St.Vincent and the Grenadines, through to Malta, the United Kingdom/Isle of Man, Cyprus and Russia.
Fleet owners, banks, institutional investors and private individuals can expect at any stage of the transaction a service tailored to their requirements at a competitive fixed fee rate.
MFB is a member of the British Marine Federation (BMF) and Superyacht UK Association, and of the Association of Professional Yacht Brokers and Yacht Agents (ABYA).